We work full time jobs in NYC and there are days that can be extremely busy! On these days we don’t get to the gym during lunch as a result since we barely have a minute between meetings, emails, deadlines and conference calls to go to the bathroom or get food! 🙂 Here are some tips that help us and can help you stay energized and focused on these busy days.
- Walk to the office!
- If you take a bus or a subway get out one or two stops earlier so you can walk the rest of the way.
- If you drive to a train station or drive to work, park your car a little further away than usual. So – if you park 10 minutes away and walk to and from the station/office – that’s 20 minutes of cardio you easily just incorporated into your day! BAM!
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Sit up straight at your desk & engage your core.
- Stand while you are on the phone.
- Replace a coffee break with a quick 10-15 minute walk outside.
- Butt clinches at your desk.
- Calf raises at your co-workers cubicle.
- Jumping jacks or high knees in the bathroom – yes, we’re totally serious!
- Stretch your arms up and out at your desk.
- Set an alarm on your computer every hour as a reminder to get up and move that body.
Thank you so much for reading our blog – we hope this was helpful to you! We want to hear from you so please comment below if you have any questions or if there’s a topic you would like us to talk about! xoxo Ava & Loretta : )